Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Transferred to Shallowford, got to shake Elder Oaks' hand

So my new companion is Elder Thorn, is a one eyed wonder that everybody loves. He had cancer and lost one of his eyes at one point so he has a fake glass eye in his left eye. He is cool and from Utah. 

My new area is Shallowford it is in the Marietta Stake which I served in when I was in Hickory Flat. It is crazy when I left this zone there was 19 missionaries and no sisters. Now there is around 40 missionaries in this zone. I am on bike here or foot whichever we feel like doing

A guy died in the ward and the Provo MTC president must have known him because the Prove MTC president was here in my ward in Georgia and I got to shake his hand. President McNally I think was his name. So if Cory shakes the MTC presidents hand then it is like he will have shaken my hand through him. 

My first day in Shallowford we walked a bunch because Elder Thorns knees have been hurting when he bikes. We visited a former who was working on his car. I am pretty sure after one conversation that he might be a former because he has slight memory problems. Then we visited Bill another Former who said we could come back in a week. 

Visited a less active family the Gutheries with a team up and the Mom was super nice and the son was there and asked questions about the plan of salvation. The son raises snakes and sells them which is cool. T

Elder Thorn hit his 18 month mark so we went over to a members home the Coopers and he burned some slacks there.
 
We had our ward Halloween party and I basically just wore Elder Thorns eye patch as my costume. It is a lot harder to grab things with only one eye. My depth perception was off.
 
Well I got to shake an apostles hand this week. Elder Oaks came and visited our mission and the Atlanta Mission and shook all 500 missionaries hands. He said his hand was numb afterwords. It was cool and he jumped around in what he taught us. He taught about the sacrament and its importance. He also said that its not as important as what he said as what you feel from the meeting by the spirit. What made this even more cool is I got to see some of my friends who got switched to the other mission like Elder Free and Elder Moore. A

 
Elder Thorn crashed on his bike and then right after that we were knocking a door and he twisted his ankle or hit it on the step or something. He is okay just a little sore and his knees hurt at the end of each day.
 
We also taught a family that is pretty cool the Conells. They were LA but are coming back. They are just working on Word of Wisdom. There son was funny pretending to be a horse as we were there. Which reminded me of myself when I would pretend to be animals.
The Sugar Hill's Zone before the transfer.

No comments: